3.30.2014

Gold Smokey Eye

Here is the tutorial for the makeup look I posted on Instagram and Facebook earlier today. If you have any questions in regards to any of it, feel free to let me know! I love feedback! :)


I started with Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer. I just got this the other day, so this was the first look I have used it with, but so far so good. I will do a product review on this product another day.
 If you don't have some kind of eyeshadow primer, I would highly suggest looking into getting some. There are some really great products out there. If you are on a budget, I would try the e.l.f.  eyeshadow primer. it works decent enough, or  I also love to use, NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 'Milk', and I believe this is only around five dollars. 

With this look I used only these four colors from the Lorac Pro Palette. I love this palette. It's super versatile and it allows you to create A LOT of looks from one palette. Its definitely worth investing in. The shadows are super creamy and really pigmented! 
Starting with #1, which is the color 'Nude' you will focus most of this color on the inner corner of the eye (tear duct area) and under the brow for a highlight. 

Next take #2, which is 'Gold' and apply to the base of the eyelid.

#3, which is 'Garnet' you will apply this to the crease area, and blend blend blend. 

#4, take the color 'Espresso' and apply it to the outer corner of the eye and blend inward, blending into the other two colors. 


I then took MAC Fluidline Gel and lined above and below the lashes. Then take an angled bush and using the color 'Gold' again blend the liner with the shadow for the gold smokey look under the bottom lashes. 

I used these Ardell Demi Wispies, with a little bit of mascara on my natural lashes to blend them together. 

Blush I used: Too Faced, Papa Don't Peach 


Bronzer: Too Faced Chocolate Soliel. Which is my favorite and you will see me use it all the time.

Lastly Lips: I used Nyx Lipstick in 'Power' which comes off as a really pretty lilac-y purple. I really love Nyx lipsticks, they are super soft, smooth, and moisturizing.


 And to finish my looks off I have been using and LOVING this NYX Illuminator in 'Narcissistic'.  It gives a really pretty dewey, glowing highlight. I add this to the to the side of my cheek bones, bridge of my nose, and above the cupids bow. 




And there you have it!  Let me know what you think about this look! 

xoxo,

shannon

1 comment: